Friday, July 31, 2009

Litter box blues?

I have 2 female cats who are about a year old. They have no trouble using the litter box, however sometimes they neglect to cover it up. I've tried using different amounts of litter, different brands, and even changing it more often. What can I do?
Answers:
It's said, that you should have 1 litterbox per cat. Because they can be picky, about what is in their box, and who it came from. But either way, you shouldn't be concerned, atleast they are still using the litterbox.
nothing. they do not like sharing a box. they are doing that to mark their territory.
it's perfectly normal. the more cats,the more issues
They leave their stuff uncovered so they can mark their territory. You might try getting a second box, other than that, it's just a normal thing and you gotta scoop it.
You should get two litter boxes with covers on them. Cats are private for one thing and territorial and they don't like sharing a litter box. use hard clumping litter! Good luck!
tell them to cover it up. my cat will if I tell her to. lol
Probably nothing. Most cats bury and but some don't. My oldest never was much for burying his poo.

No comments:

Post a Comment