Friday, July 31, 2009

Leaving my cats, Can't stop crying?

I have 2 kittens taht are about 3 and a half months old. I have to move because i have benn offerd a GREAT job and i can not take them.
I have found them a great home and they are going to stay together.
I have soo much guilt for leaving them and i can't stop crying. I need to know that cats will move on and will be ok. It would be great to know that they don't care where they are as long as they are together and happy. but i can't just make this up if it's not true.

please help me by telling me if they will be ok?
Answers:
Ohhh, I so feel for you! Dont feel bad, you have made the best decision for all of you. You've found them a great home, they are staying together, and they're going to be really happy! I know this sounds a bit harsh, but at least you only had them a little while, so they wont miss you too much. Please don't feel bad, I think you're a really good parent! Very responsible! You did the best you could. I know how hard it is, as I emmigrated from South Africa to the UK a couple of years ago, and I couldnt bring my hooligans with me, so I found them a great home on a farm, but it was the hardest thing I ever did! They will so be ok, so go get a HUGE bar of chocolate and a glass of wine, and start feeling better about yourself that you're a great parent and you did what was best for your kitties!x
If you found them a great home, they will be ok! They will miss you, but they'll get lots of love and attention in their new home. I understand why you're upset, but really - they're going to be fine. Thank you for finding them a home and not abandoning them.
Your mind will only be at peace if you have given them to a very good home. They will adjust as you will. It will take time though.
I thinkit is true that they will be happy as long as they are fed and have a nice, caring owner. They are really young, so they should adjust. I think it's great that you were able to find them a home where they can stay together. I have two boy cats and they are not even really littermates, but they love each other so much.

It is hard to give a pet up, and I don't blame you for being sad. Just keep in touch with the owner if you can to check on them periodically.
its true that they will move on because they are still kittens they might feel your absence for some time but then they'll be ok and PLEASE don't be guilty because some people actually leave their pets rather than go through the trouble of giving them away to a nice family and home you as person have done your best provided them with a house a family who can feed them and take care of them rather than give them away to an adoption center them and that is what matters and please don't be guilty because you have done your part and you should be proud of yourself for doing that not guilty
You have done a great job in placing them together in a good home. They will do just fine so don't fret about it.

And good luck in your new job. May you have many wonderful kitties in your future when you are settled.
why cant you once you get there ?? Have the person take care of them till you get a place that you can have them . then pay for them to be shipped. or come back and get them . Do you know for sure in a few months you wont be living in a place that you can have them .. that is what I would do ..( things could change. ) I took a persian in the car from fla to Los ANgles. and yeah that was hard but hey .. I loved that cat. Put them on standby. you wont regret it then yor not loosing them .
They will be loved. and that should help you a lot.
It will be ok! By the sounds of it, you're a very concered and conscientious pet owner and as such, I imagine you've made sure their new home is a good one. Cats are funny because as much as they love certain people and as much as they pretend not to love others, they're not as solitary as they like to lead us on. They're still very young and will adapt to the new home quickly and with some proper loving and care, they will grow to love their new home and much as they old one. What's better is at least they still have each other. Chin up! There will most assuredly be future opportunities for raising more kitties. As for the ones you had to leave, I have a good feeling that they'll be just fine.
they will be OK 'its good they get to stay together; you did good finding them a home .some would of just dropped them off at the pound.cats adjust pretty quick to new people their young they will forget and move on;good luck with the new job.
They will be just fine. You will miss them a lot for a while. But they will be fine. They're kittens, they move on quickly. But thank you very much for finding them a home, and not just leaving them at an animal shelter.
I know the feeling. Believe me, they'll be ok. Kittens adapt to their new environment fast.
as a child I had a male and a female cat every time they had kittens which was often we never wanted to let them go but they turned out okay. we had the 2 cats for 9 years and then I had to let them go. The place that I moved would not allow pets. Turns out that the person that got them ended up working at my place of employment.
He got them from his mother 2 years after I gave them up and they are doing fine. Healthy, happy, and playful. Although their hair looks bad, but they are old

No comments:

Post a Comment