Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Kitten, Throwing up?

When my 1 month old kitten wakes up from her nap (only twice have i seen her do this)) She throws up this white/yellow-ish stuff. Only a little bit, Then she will go back to sleep or wake up and play.
I`ve been feeding her wet kitten food and dry watered down kitten food.
Why is she doing that and what is it?
Answers:
Personally, I disagree with the suggestion to feed her grass, as this will only aggravate the problem.

On occassion, I've had kittens/cats throw up for no apparent reason. Even took them to a vet about it. As long as she is otherwise ok, and this is a tiny amount, it is probably ok. Her little tummy may be upset - 1 month is VERY young and she is just beginning to be on solids, so my educated guess is that her system is just becoming adjusted to "real" food.
It may be furballs
Take her to the vet for a check up.it could be ANYTHING from cat-flu to feline-typhis
Try trimming the tops off a few grass blades and feeding her some, or adding it her food. Not too long of blades, or else it's a choking hazzard. Yellow bile is usually an upset tummy. If her nose is warm %26 dry rather than wet %26 cold, she may need a vet. pets usually have a warm nose after a long sleep, so give her time to wake up.
Usually if the discharge from vomiting is yellow tinted then it's indicative of a problem. The bile in animal's stomachs is what causes the yellow color and if she is throwing up bile then something is not right. She is awfully young to be away from her mother if she is only a month old. Kittens shouldn't be taken from their moms until they are at least 6 weeks old, preferably 8 weeks. They get a lot of antibodies from their mother's milk and kittens that aren't getting these are more likely to be sick. It is a good sign that she is normal in every other aspect and yes, sometimes cats just throw up for unknown reasons, but given her age and the fact that the discharge is yellow I'd take her to see a vet if for nothing else but peace of mind. Good luck!
She needs to be checked for intestinal parasites. Part of the life cycle of round worms travel through he lungs and are very irritating. Often these parasites are coughed or appear to be vomited up and then swallowed to continue to the G.I. tract..
I had the same problem with one of my two month old kittens. The vet provided a wormer, like the ones you can buy at a Walmart. She told me to give it to all my kittens and my cat. It made them sleepier than usual that day. Inside three days, my kitten was fine. I recommend that you take your kitty to a vet. But the wormer won't hurt to try first.
take the baby to the vet to find out

No comments:

Post a Comment