Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Kitten was originally outside, very rebellious, does not want to conform to inside, should he go back out?


Answers:
We tried this with one of our cats after he disappeared for 2 months and he just peed on everything and tried to escape when the door was open. This cat is now 16-years-old and still going outside.
absolutely! would you want to be kept in a cage?
WELLLLLLL, i had a boy cat (uneutered) and he was originally outside to and i would always let him out but it turns out he likes my nighbors more and now they stole him from me. don't risk it. you may lose a best friend just like i did.
keep him inside, it's safer. not sure what he is doing that makes you want to put him outside again.
Running free, the birds and the bee`s and the flowers in the trees.Why not have the best of both worlds ?Maybe a bowl of milk at the back door,and a way in and a way out.
He has had the freedom to do as he pleases now you want him to conform to the rules of inside. Depends on how long he has been inside. If it has been a short amount of time, wait a little longer. Work with him using the litter box, give treats when he does good. Try using a small room of the house (mudroom, basement, or bathroom) instead of releasing him into the entire house. If all else fails let him outside while your gone. Bring him in while your home.
I have a kitten name Jax and I wanted him to be an indoor cat because I didnt want him to get out and get lost. It would just devastate my daughter who is rather attached to him. I think because of their curiousity they will dart out as soon as the door opens. So I treat my cat to the outdoors by letting him run around outside everyday on a leash. That way he can indulge his curiousity and I dont have to worry about him getting lost. If you want to keep the cat, then let him out, cats are smart, he or she will get used to both.
yes let him/she do wht they want or they will be vischious

No comments:

Post a Comment