Thursday, July 30, 2009

Kitty keeps sneezing?

I just adopted my 8 1/2 weeks old kitty from Petsmart on Friday and as of yesterday she has developed a mild sneeze. She doesn't do it all the time, just every couple of hours. When she sneezes I haven't noticed any fluids or anything just small sneezes. I don't know if she is sick or just allergic to something in my apartment. What should I do.don't know if this sounds serious or not.
Answers:
Unless she shows other signs of illness (loss of appetite, failure to keep herself clean, etc.), I wouldn't worry about it. Cats sneeze from time to time just as people do. Since she is a new kitten, perhaps this is a good time to take her to the vet for an initial checkup, and to set up a schedule for immunizations.
or is she allergic to something in your place?
take her to the vets if it gets worse do you have flowers or plants around? maybe shes just got the sniffles it could pass.
take your kitty to the vet for a check-up, I think that would be the best, could be allergies, you never know.
Take her to the vet as soon as possible! She might have caught a feline flu or diseaes from being around another sick cat. Pet stores are known for pet sicknesses even if it is petsmart.
Had a Persian once that did same.sneezed all the time. He had allergy's. Go to vet.
maybe she's allergic to cats? That's how I am when I am around cats.
its just the dust in the air, my kitty sneezes every few hours when she is playing around and catches a good patch of dust. use a damp cloth to dust so that all the particles get lifted instead of pushed around
it could be an URI.which stands for an upper respiratory infection. This starts with sneezes and can cause weepy eyes, runny nose, and increased respiratory rates. Which is not good for a cat. I would get her checked by the vet and this problem can be controlled. URI's are highly contagious to other cats so the quicker the better. Goodluck!
I just got a 6wk old kitten yesterday and she was doing the same thing last night. i think it was caused by some dust because all day long she was trying to get in all of the tight corners.Behind the fridge and entertainment center.That's when she sneezed!

No comments:

Post a Comment