Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Kitten leaves poop marks around the house?

Hi, I have an almost 5 month old kitten and after she poops and sits down on a surface she leaves a little "mark". Is this normal for a kitten or will I have to chase her around with a wet cloth to clear her butt after she poops for the rest of her life? lol
Answers:
OK, first . . . the way that you word things REALLY cracks me up! My daughter came running into the room to see what was so funny.

That is unusual, I think. None of my cats leave poo streaks. I even have a female that's so overweight that she can't clean herself "there." She doesn't leave marks. It sounds like she has too much liquid in her stool or maybe mucus. Ask your vet and soon. Cats are such clean creatures normally. I would hate to think that you're doomed to a life as a cat butt-wiper! LOL
I like watching my puppy twist his head when he hears strange noises.he's all like WTF?
You might have to do that for a while but she is only 5 months old she probably is not used to cleaning her self after going to the bathroom. She will probably a little time to know she needs to clean herself.
Have you had your f4eline friend wormed? That behavior is typical of a kitty trying to run off a worm problem. Also make sure her litter box is very clean. Cats are naturally very clean animals, and are ussually not shy to tell you they are due a box change!
yes it's normal
We have one cat that is like that because she is so fat she can't clean back there very well! That probably isn't your problem since the kitty is only 5 months. I don't know if this happens for cats but my dog used to get impacted anal glands. She'd start scooting and it was time to get her taken in to have them squeezed. Kind of nasty. It was some form of allergy.
It sounds like she might need to change her food. If she is still eatting kitten chow, I'd switch her to Iams or Hills Science Diet. We had a Siamese that Had to have her hind washed after every trip to the box until we switched her to Hills Science Diet. I think both brands make a kitten chow with an easier to digest formula.
No, I don't think that's normal. Her stools are too loose and she's not quite gotten the bathing thing down yet. I would look into buying her a different cat food. Not a cheap store bought cat food. There is so much garbage in cheap food it's very saddening.

Oh, before I go into this further. Get your kitten a pro-biotic for cats. It will help her digestive system to get the right bacteria in her system.

Make sure the cat food is for kittens and don't feed it milk. When changing cat foods from one to another do it over a week so their body gets used to the new food.

Avoid feeding your cat people food accept if you want to give it something like tuna fish which won't hurt it.

I would recommend something like Iams for kittens. I have to feed my cat dog food believe it or not. I can't find a quality cat kibble that doesn't have additives in it. I use Dynamite products for my cat. They have a canned food she loves, but they only have kibble for dogs. However, it's the only kibble she would not throw up. :(

My friends always comment on how silky soft her fur is too.

No comments:

Post a Comment