Thursday, July 30, 2009

Kittens Ones not playing or eating as much?

I'm fostering some kittens as an inbetween home till they get adopted. One is slightly food aggresive, and the other isnt eating as much Ive tried standing guard over them to make sure both eat what they need to. They came from a home of 40 kittens and an elderly couple who couldnt afford to feed all them everyday and the mommy cat was hit by a car. I'm also wondering how I can get the little one to play more all it does is sleep and eat.the other one plays more (the food aggressive one) I'm letting them eat all they want and trying to give them as much attention as I can, any suggestions? I have cat toys and I set them up in the bathroom to sleep at night(which apparently they have come very well aquanited with cause they like to stay in their. Keep in mind these babies are like 3 weeks old.maybe 4.My 3 year old cat also threw a fit when I brought them over so im letting it stay with my mom for the 2-3 weeks im keeping , do yall think she will forgive me when its all done ?
Answers:
Did you say 40 kittens? WOW!! The only real advice I can give is; consult with the vet. My Stimpy is going through her not real hungry moods right now. I know whats going on, but Fancy-Feast is fairly expencive.
Little kittens eat and sleep a lot, it's natural. It's easy to think something's wrong with them when they pass out for 18 hours a day. It's also natural for one to be more timid or agressive than the others. Just make sure they're not hurting each other and make sure they both get fed enought and they should be fine. Maybe you could have some play-time with the shy kitten by itself.

I'm sure your adult cat will forgive you, in fact it's probably good for her to be around other cats, to socialize her. She'll get over it.
3 OR 4 WEEKS OLD? Usually, kittens are not weaned from their mother until they're eight weeks old.
No wonder one of them is sleeping all the time.

Have these kittens been checked out by a vet? When in doubt about their care, look in the Yellow phone book of your home town for Animal Care, or in the White Pages for ASPCA - the animal protection society. You may even find these resources online.

I would definitely keep the kittens and your other cat apart, if your own cat returns. Cats will forgive but you need to protect and care for the kittens. Be sure to contact the experts for help.

Good luck to you.
Sounds like you are doing the right thing by keeping the more aggressive kitten from getting all the food. Kittens don't usually eat from a plate or bowl much before four weeks of age. Are they getting any kitten replacement milk from a bottle? The littliest one might benefit from some of that.

Also, if you are expecting the kittens to eat dry food canned Max kitten would be much better and the little one might take to that more readily than a dry food.
the cats where you got them this lady had 40 cats o my
thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment