Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Kitten training.?

I have a 3month old female kitten. She uses the litterbox but I am not sure if she always uses it. I don't have a great sense of smell so I don't think I could smell it. She has had one accident on our bed. I don't know what to do but if there is a problem I want to nip it in the bud.any help
Answers:
Generally kittens will use a litterbox on their own because their instinct is to bury their waste. Accidents can happen with young kittens because:

1. The box might be too full (they don't like stepping in soiled litter).
2. The kitten just didn't have time to get to the box (they're like kids that way).
3. With older cats, it's a sign that they're annoyed with you for some reason (usually a change in the house like a new child, new roommate, etc.)

I don't think one accident is anything to be concerned about.
I don't know if this would help, but when my cat was a kitten, I would take him to the litterbox even if he didnt have to go, and I would scrape his paw in the litter a few times a day. Thats what my paremts taught me. It worked for all of our cats actually.just a suggestion. Good luck :)
Accidents happen,keep the litter box clean.Some cats like two litter boxes,one for bowel movements,the other for urination. Good luck
Cleanliness is natural for a cat. If she's using the litter box, great! She's coming along. Like any animal, kittens will have an accident in the wrong spot once in awhile. Don't overly scold kitty. Take her to the litter box, if you're nearby and you sense she needs to go. She'll learn.be patient with her.
it is still a very young cat. just restrain her for a while from having access to anything soft that may feel sandlike (like a fluffy carpet), and be sure that the sandbox is aways clean and that the sand is periodically replaced, as she will not want to use it if it is smelling. Once you know that she consistently uses the litter box, it should be enough to keep it aways clean and there shouldn't be more accidents.

No comments:

Post a Comment