Friday, July 31, 2009

kitty pooped on the floor?

I hurt my back so I haven't been able to keep the litter box as clean as usual, which is few times a day (w/2 cats) and it's only been once a day. But it still isn't that bad. But 2 times the other night my cat pooped on the floor. Is the litterbox not being as good as it usually is the reason?
Answers:
If you spoil your cat by keeping the litter box SUPER clean, they will become very upset by having a box that is only cleaned once a day. They're just REALLY finicky. Cats will go elsewhere if they don't like their litter, even if it's clean but they don't like a new brand.

It's also possible that the cat may not feel as comfortable in the litter box and might be dragging poop out unintentionally. My cat has a bad habit of dragging poop out once in a while, and then he looks at it like it's somebody else's fault.
Probably
How old are the cats?
Most likely, if you are hurting right now maybe get another litter box or a temporary one until you get better, it should help.
Maybe, but it also could be that he ate something funny and isn't feeling well and he is trying to tell you. If you think its a problem with the litter box, buy a second one, so they each have one, and then he may have less of a problem when you can't clean them as often.
Pooping on the floor is one of two things, behavioral problems or worms. So if you are certain your cat doesn't have worms and the litter box isn't being kept clean enough for her standards, then maybe add another litter box. If this still doesn't work try cat attract litter. It is wonderful, my cat used to poop on my bathroom rugs and every since I bought this litter, she has been perfect.

Good luck, I really hope she stops.
Providing he is not feeling sick, is otherwise healthy and is not upset/irritable with you. you may want to get a 2nd litter box. My husband and I only clean the litter once a day and that seems to work for his finicky cat. Then when I got my second cat I got a 2nd litter box. The way we look at it, 2 cats - 2 bathrooms. Sometimes cats get very territorial and don't want to share a litter box. We also keep the boxes separated. If your cats are use to "regular flushings" then investing in another box till you feel better - it may be worth it. Good luck.
they ought 2 poop on da florr.if they r cats.i spose.coz.evn cats tend 2 misbehave at times.jus lik us.en da cats hav lil' devils inside e..let thm do wat they want.atleast once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment