Friday, July 31, 2009

lap cats ?

how many of u who have cats insist on sitting on your lap all the time and fall fast asleepo for hrs
Answers:
That sounds like one of ours!! - Also sleeps on the bed / us all night.
When I manage to extracate my self from under her in the morning she will sit impatiently waiting for me to put my shirt on. As soon as I have she will leap on my shoulders and insist on hitching a ride down to the front door. She'll go out for 5 minutes, come back in, eat and then find the most comfortable lap she can find for as long as she can possibly get away with.
My dogs are almost that bad. Sounds like cat is really attached to you, feels safe, feels cuddled. It's a compliment I think.
yes but usually only when i'm about to go out. when i'm watching telly and want a cuddle they're nowhere to be seen
mine are still to young and crazy to do that. they don't sit still for more than 2 mins.
not all the time, but she always wants to be next to me
she also loves to sit on my lap when im online (like now) she watches the cursor and tries to catch it
but she really just wants to be close to me, selfish creatures rnt they? if only us humans could get affection on demand lol
me, but they only wanna sit on your lap when your just about to get up and do something or when your trying to read a book or the paper, and then insist on ripping your legs to shreds before lying down.

wouldnt change a thing about them tho!
Mine do, they are really affectionate Burmese cats, as soon as you sit down one or both of them will be on your knee. I like it most of the time, but if I know I will be getting up again soon then I lay them beside me, they keep trying to get back on, but it's not always possible!
My, cat, Thomas, he is the man! does not. But, we have a Dachshund that does. Thomas is a hunter and he goes in and out his kitty door to see what is lurking in his yard.
Yeah my cat does that all the time!
My male's like that. Female? No chance in hell..but the male will fall asleep and stay there for hours if you let him.
just kick the buggers off your lap they soon learn I have 13 and they aint all gonna get on my lap
Lap cats ? We have shoulder cats around here. Very cool in winter, no need for scarfs !
I do she insists on sitting on my lap even though I have my legs crossed, she also sleeps with her tongue handing out and dripples.
Mine does, and even when I go to bed, he comes in and wants to sleep with his face in my neck, but it is hard to sleep with a cat purring in your ear..lol
It's great when I sit down to watch a movie. I think that's the reason my cat decided he will tollerate the computer on his territory.

I love it when he goes into deeper sleep and starts to sprawl. :) and when I watch crying movies, he also helps.
my orange tabby is like that..not only does he HAVE to be near me at all times, he wants to be in my face! he sleeps on my head at night and follows me around even to the restroom! I cannot even pee without him jumping in my lap.guess he is just a needy boy.
yes i do i have two cats who do that ! they are just showing you how affectonate they are to you and how much they like you! you should be honured!
My kitten does that. Every time I sit down anywhere he want's to lay on my lap. I's so cute . He'll even sit onmy lap on a rainnny day and wacth a movie with me. It's so cute.
I've had 3 cats %26 only this last one has been a lap cat. The other ones liked to sit beside you %26 be petted but if you put them on your lap they wanted to get down right away. The one I have now always loved sitting on me since day one. When she was really tiny she would wedge herself under my chin %26 fall asleep. Now that she's 15 pounds she can't fit under there. But she still tries. It looks ridiculous but at the risk of choking myself I let her do it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment