Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Kitten just spilled/drank coffee, is cleaning traces off itself, is it in danger from the caffiene?

Kitten, 8 weeks, tried to jump in my coffee and got body wet. Dried him as much as possible but he is cleaning the traces off of himself now. Probally ingested less than two teaspoons. Is he going to be OK? I've heard caffiene is very dangerous to cats. Should I watch him or not worry about it or take him to the vet? Thanks
Answers:
Give the vet a call. I would think the worst that would happen is the kitten might be "jazzed up" for a couple of hours or so. Lord knows they don't need anything to add to their endless energy!
call your vet and ask if you have to worry about this or just keep an eye on him
It won't hurt it.. My cats and dogs all drink my coffee but they have learned not to spill it because they know it makes me mad.. keep there water bowl full and they won't bother your coffee quiet so much.. they didn't drink enough or get enough in the to bother them..
have a good day and don't worry
just give the vet a call see what they say. make sure you have lots of fresh water for him to drink. most likely its going to be ok. I think there are a few plants and chocolate are the main things cats are not supposed to have.
We have 4 cats. The littlest one, also the fastest one, always has to have a taste of my husbands coffee in the morning. She's as healthy as can be. Now if she drank a whole cup, I'd be worried. But, it's only a taste.
No, but it can harm the kitten if this is a constant behavior.

No comments:

Post a Comment