Friday, July 31, 2009

Leaveing my little kitten at home. What can I do to make sure he will be alright?ALL IDEAS.?

I'm going to disneyland in three weeks with my boyfriend and family for my 19th birthday. I'm going to leave him in my room , unpluging everything to make sure he wont get hurt. I dont want him to be alone . He gets sad and cries for me. What can I do to help him not feel that way. Thank you.
Answers:
awwww. you sound so much like me when i am going out and leaving my cat alone for many many hours.

You have the right notion:
1) put him in your room with door and windows securely shut
2) take everything that is unsafe out of the room
3) leave a low-watt light on for when it gets dark
4) make surelitter tray is clean
5) leave plenty of fresh water and food - away from the kitty litter tray
6) leave some of your (worn unlaundered) clothing on your bed to give kitty reassurance that you are still around though he can't see you
7) before you leave, tell kitty that you will be back "in a little little while" and give him a kiss and hug

When you come back at midnight, you'll probably find kitty wither curled up on your bed asleep or your room torn to shreds! ha ha ha

Seriously, your kitty will be FINE
Leave him with lot's of food and water.
There are many things to do,to make your cats not so lonely.You can try and get a couple toys for him to play with.If you can find the right toy,theres a good chance that kitty will forget about you.You can also try to get a playmate for him..Its only for a day,so maybe a neighbor can take him for a while *shrugs* Not sure though
Simply don't go.
I wouldn't worry about it.you got to leave the house at some point! I have a new kitten too (4 months) and I bought him plenty of toys to keep him busy. My kitty loves those little balls with the beads inside to bat around the room!
if it is a kitten, it will sleep most of the time anyways! you might want to leave the radio on at a low volume just to make it feel like someone else is there. If it is just for one day, it will be fine!
This would be a good time to work with him to prepare him to be alone for longer periods of time. Just spend lots of time with him, giving him lots of love, before you leave and immediately when you get back. He will stop crying for you after a few minutes. Just remember that cats are used to being alone for a full day or even longer. I have three cats and they are home alone all day and on the weekends.
IF YOUR GOING TO BE HOME EVERY NIGHT THEN HE SHOULD BE FINE TRY THE SHIRT THING IT COULDN'T HURT IF YOUR GOING FOR 3 WEEKS THAT IS WAY TO LONG WHAT ABOUT THE LITTER BOX VERY UNSANITARY FOR HIM DO YOU HAVE ANY FRIENDS THAT COULD WATCH HIM OR EVEN CHECK ON HIM THAT YOU TRUST COMPLETELY? GOOD LUCK
Get a family member to stay with him or take him home with them he wont be lonley he will get fed and he'll have some one to play with.
I foster a lot of abandoned kittens. My fav is to leave a dial faced clock that "tic tocs". The kitty loves the sound, it is very rhythmic and it never gets louder or softer. Also because it runs of batteries there is no worry about cords. I think your great for being so caring!
The thing about the shirt will help him, if he is attached to you your scent will calm him down. Make sure you leave ALOT of food and water, because he might think he is just getting feed and try to eat it all at one time.
that should be fine for a day,stat doing that now when you leave the house for a few hours at a time so it's not a shock. don't forget toys and a litter box!
First - Happy Birthday!
2nd, Yes the shirt thing does help a lot. (shoes do not hurt either, since the sent would be more predominant. Also, leave a tick-tock clock wrapped up in a blanket-towel - it will remind him of a soothing heartbeat.
He will be totally fine. Leave him some of his toys, and your nightie on the bed - or some things you wore the day before - especially a shirt. With food and water in something he can't tip over, and a litter box - he will do great. It's you that I'm worried about..

No comments:

Post a Comment