Thursday, July 30, 2009

Kitty -nibbling.how to stop?

my new kitty, Clara, has just begun nibbling..then licking .then nibbling fingers, toes and legs. How can I stop, I don't want her to become one of those cats that people avoid.

thx
Answers:
It's a sign of affection. Face it she loves you, and possibly the food you just might have eaten.
Just have your kitty clamp onto the 1st available roman soldier. Thats the best way to tell if your kitty is worth keeping.
Most kittens (if she it one) grow out of the niblling phase. However, if she's an older cat, and hard taps on the nose and a firm 'No, Clara.' should do the trick. It worked with my cats.
If she's "nibbling" and not biting, that's a show of affection she'll probably keep that behavior just for you. And if you really don't like it, you can train your kitty not to do this by spraying it with water during the bad bahavior.
When She Nibbles Tell Her NO And Maybe Gently Pat Her On The Bottom
I have two new kittens.9 weeks old this week.they were 7 weeks when we got them. One nibbles and licks, and the other doesn't. I've finally figured out the nibbler is hungry when he does this. He acts like he's trying to nurse again. Feeding a little canned food and giving a cuddle and then putting him to bed seems to work. Also, I think they still need extra rubbing when little. Remember, not so long ago momma used to lick and clean them alot and I think they miss it; it's soothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment