Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Kitten help?

Is there anyway to stop my new kitten from going out the doggie door?My older cat goes out it but he stays in the yard. I want her to be an inside cat but i am afraid that she will learn how to use the dog door and she will run away, shes quite %26#92;the jumper and will be ofer the fence in no time. any sugestions?
Answers:
You can keep the kitten contained in a smaller area, away from the doggie door. Or, if you have some money to spare, you can get a pet door that uses magnets on a special collar to determine which pets can open it. They run about $50 to $75.
baby gate
The only way is to block off the doggie door. As long as your cat has been living in your house for a few weeks and you get it a colar it should be ok as long as your not living near a busy street.
Change the doggie door to one of the magnetic ones that is heavier -- your older cat will still be able to push through it, but it will be too heavy for a kitten.
You close the doggie door! My neighbor across the street lost TWO kittens to coyotes in the open space because she just "couldn't close the door for her three labs".
so long as she knows where her next meal is coming from~ she'll come back, I seriously doubt she is going to run away, she is just doing what the older cat does!
Maybe you can just block the doggie door off! And if your other cat wants to go out then open the door to let him out!
My indoor cats got out one night. My stepson left the door ajar. I did not find out until the next morning so they were out all night. They both showed up in the morning safe and sound. I was so terrified they would not come back or did not know where to come back to.

No comments:

Post a Comment