Friday, May 21, 2010

My Street Cat Rescue Website - Do you like the changes?

I recently started a website aimed at getting street kitties in my neighborhood off the street and into homes.it has live streaming video of the kitties on the street that need homes. For a while alot of people were visiting the site but then the numbers dropped off, as did the offers for homes.
I've made some changes, hopefully to get more people back thinking about giving these kitties homes.
Please let me know what you think of the site/changes/
www.kittiesinthehood.com
Thanks
Answers:
It's very good - quick to load and easy to navigate. I like the layout of the home page with its pictures of cats requiring homes.
As a person who has had several 'rescue cats' (and with a lovely 'Maine Coon' type at the moment), I wish you every success in your efforts to find homes for the cats featured on your new website.
Nice website. The only problem is that the streaming cam doesn't work on my computer. I'm using Firefox on a Mac. Tried Apple Safari browser too and it still doesn't work, but it works on my PC. Would be nice if you could get it working for Mac users since Apple is selling heaps more of them to everyone now everywhere in the world.
Hi there.been watching the progression of your website for a couple of months so far so good. However, I'll have to cite with "cyaoza" as I also noticed the streaming hasn't worked with the Mac OS X platform browsers: Safari, Firefox, Netscape, Camino, Chimera, Opera, iCab, OmniWeb .all of which I use to test after compiling our software. However, it works fine on my Linux and PC machines. Many of our clients use Macs so I have to assume more and more Aussies are buying the new and improved Intel machines there in AU too. Hope you can include this platform so people spread the word about your website.
I think your site is great, now you just need to get word out in your city about your website. Try posting flyers at the mall, local university, newspaper classifieds, etc. with info and the URL so people will know about your site and start adopting more of them. Your local shelter might want to help out too by posting flyers.
it's so great that you're doing this, keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment