Friday, May 21, 2010

My 10 year old cat follow up still need your help?

I did put a question on about my cat last week, and thank you to everyone that answered,Rosie was taken back every day was opened up last Saturday and was told nothing wrong can be found, took her home still being sick even water took her back on the Monday she was kept in so dehydrated and they did more tests when I spoke to them Tuesday said they did test and said that she did not have cat Aids or lukemia but said it did not look too good and I said is she fretting for me and was told she is too ill to fret! I said I would come tomorrow afternoon, I get a phone call about 4.30 from the vet who said she is so bad would I come up and say goodbye and have her put down as she had a spleen 2 1/2 times larger and her Kidneys are failing owing to the CANCER I drove like a mad women I got there and she was running around and looking at me to say take me home this I did I had to take her back the next day to be told she may have some Cancer cells in her blood she is on medication 2nd opinion
Answers:
1. Absolutely get a second opinion.

2. Your cat's health is only as good as your Vet's experience.

3. It may be that she does have an inoperable CA, but for your own state of peace, a second opinion can confirm that.

4. If that is so, arrange a time, and spend a last evening with Rosie holding her, before you put her to sleep. It goes very fast, and humans should have it this peaceful when they die.

5. Your love and care were the best thing that ever happen to Rosie %26 vice versa. Joy of your life. Be with a friend, or family. It helped me greatly last August, when I had to put the 'love of my life in the animal kingdom' to sleep.

Good Luck and Warm Wishes. I will think of you and Rosie.
If she is active and not in pain, love her while you have her. If she is crying and dehydrated and just lying there, have her put down.
Vetting cats is difficult. Your call, but if she were mine and she were suffering, I would let the vet do the humane thing.
I would definately get a second opinion.!
That is so sad!
I would give her pedialyte to keep her hydrated. Maybe mix it in with her milk.
Also I would ask if they could do surgery to remove the cancer, and =0)
鈾?br />I'm so sorry! Poor kitty!
Well I know that you need a hug, so..
*HUGS!
*HUGS!
I just love my cats, and I know you love yours as well.
Good luck to you and Rosie!
It's gonna be ok!
And here's another hug for you! Give Rosie a kiss and hug from me too!
We lost our cat, Norten to cancer. We took him to the vet several times, and they wanted to put him down right there so he wouldn't have to suffer. We could tell he wanted to come home, and maybe it was selfish on our part, but we did. And a few days later, he died peacefully in his sleep in his favorite spot. If you're okay with bringing your kitty home and giving it medicine, there is nothing wrong with that. But you have to understand your kitty still may die. I wish you the best of luck.
I'm very sorry to hear that =( Please do get a 2nd opinion b4 making a decision. I have an 8 yr old cat, had him since the day he was born. n he means the world to me, so I can imagine how u feel. I hope that it is nothing too serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment