Friday, May 21, 2010

More on Stink-Finder black light: works on wet & dry?

There's an open question regarding the utility of a black light on finding problem spots. Does it work only on "fresh" spots? Or would it help me identify, for example, a spot on the carpet that was peed on and has since dried?
Answers:
I used the black light thing in a hotel room once. I made sure that all the carpet was dry, and it still showed things I didn't think was there. We don't walk around barefoot in hotels anymore. So I guess it would work in dry carpet in your home.
It'll show "fresh" or dry spots. The newer and bigger ones will show better.

Suggest you use "Nature's Miracle" to get rid of odor. We've been using it for years (2 dogs, 6 cats, 3 ferrets and occasional rescues). Works great. You can score it at almost any pet shop.

BTW, ANY black light will do. Don't let anybody sell you a "special" one at an inflated price.
From what I can tell, it works on wet and dry spots.
Yeah, a flourescent black lite will work on old and new spots, the fresher ones will "glow" more but you can see the spots -kind of a green glow, any old black lite flourescent will do, don't get a "party" bulb like a regular lite bulb.
i have a plain old black light.i see the glow on some spots but not all.for example, there is a spot that I KNOW has been peed on cuz i can smell it, but the light shows nothing. Also, I noticed that the light shows any kind of foriegn substance (such as spilled juice or milk) not just pee. I was rather disappointed. If you do find it, good luck getting the smell out. As much as I have spent on trying to get rid of that odor, I could have replaced the carpet by now.good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment