Friday, May 21, 2010

Mooch Kitty and Pregnant Owner?

I am 37 weeks pregnant and about 2 months ago my husband and i took in a kitty, we named Mooch, mainly b/c of me. We both take turns feeding her. I am mainly the one that loves on her and my husband is the one who rough plays with her the most, although my husband does love on her too. My husband disiplines her the most. We both feed and water her and we both give her treats although the hubby probably gives her more treats more often than I do. Here the past couple of days the Mooch kitty has taken a disinterest in me and she has attack me twice today, one time scratching my leg, but I think this is by accident. Do you think she knows something we don't, like maybe the baby is coming soon? Has anyone experienced something like this with thier animal while pregnant?
Answers:
Mooch may sense that she will be taking a back seat to something else and she isn't quite sure what or why yet. also animals are very intuitive and can sense hormone changes, diseases, and maybe even impending birth. as you may smell different to her or she may be able to smell different hormones in your body. Don't take it personal. she is probably just scared or unsure of the situation.
My dog was loyal and loved me right up until the day before I gave birth, then he began to act weird as if I was a stranger. he growled at me and barked at me and wouldn't come near me until the I came home from the hospital. Then he couldn't get enough of me and was very curious and protective of the new family member.

Congrats on your impending arrival.
I;ve seen many cats get wirey when women are pregnant, and cats who go weird, and sense things, I had a cat who never liked my aunt but loved her a lot a few days before she went into labor, it was really weird.
no i never had a cat attack me while i was pregnant, but you do give off smells , changes in body chemistry so she might notice it.
If I were in your position - one thing I would definitely nip in the bud, is the Rough Play. Do you really want your cat to learn that scratching, biting %26 playing rough is OK, especially since it will most likely be around a newborn baby soon?

The cat is probably sensing the changes in you with your pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment