Monday, May 24, 2010

My 4mo old kitten was spayed 4days ago, could this be responsible for her very bad gas??

I adopted her from our county shelter, where they gave me a copy of her health record- indicating that 1 month ago when they recieved her, she was wormed, ears cleaned, nails trimmed, frontline, FeLv/FIV, RCCP-Felo-vax-IV and just recieved her rabies vacc.
So I dont believe she has worms,etc. and I only feed her dry science diet indoor kitten %26 water. No wet or people food.
Why does she have BAD gas? lol it is not constantly, but quite
a few times per day. left over anesthetic? help!
Answers:
Science Diet.yeah..look at the ingredients list on the side of the bag. Meat by-products and corn, right? I wasted money on that food for over a year before someone gave me the head's up.

Put her on a higher-quality food made with real meats and more nutritional fillers like peas. My cat loves Wellness. He doesn't have smelly farts anymore (and the female we once had greatly improved in the smell department after switching her to it). Some other good brands are Nature's Variety, Natural Balance, Solid Gold, and Wysong's. For something a bit cheaper but still far better than Science Diet, check out Nutro Max Cat.

And try going with canned food instead of dry. Canned is easier for cats to digest. Reading this website changed my outlook and my cat's life:
http://www.catinfo.org
It maybe her tummy gas ,is just starting to move again.
We got our 2 kittens at 12 weeks and about a month later they began to have horrible gas. Deadly!! We used to say they were cute but stinky. It's probably just backed up gas from the anesthesia, but if it doesn't stop try changing her food. Our kittens stopped the gas attacks after 9 months, when they became young adults.
What the heck are you feeding the poor thing?? LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment