Sunday, August 2, 2009

Manx Cat - where to find one.?

I'm looking for a manx cat near Dothan, AL and do not even know where to begin! I've looked at the classifieds but no luck so far. If anyone knows anywhere near Dothan, it would be greatly appreciated.
Answers:
go to petfinders.com.this is a site for rescue groups.just enter your Zip code, and be AMAZED at how many great choices you have !!.i adopted a Great Pyrenees mix from them, and my dog Sylvester is awesome !!..check it out.try it..do a good deed.adopt a Manx cat today !.good luck to you, in your search for a Manx cat as a new pet !!
http://www.pets4you.com/manx.html.
http://www.manx-cats.com/manx-cats-breed.
china
Put an ad in your local paper under pets (looking for a manx) they are great cats my sister had them. just a note of interest. When a manx has kittens and they have a tail, their tail tends to be longer than a normal cat. I had one of the kittens that had a tail. None of her kittens were born with tails. The mother cat had been dropped off because my sister lived on a farm. Our family loved and cherished these cats for years we all had one or more the last one died in 2004.
I would suggest doing a search for Manx Breeders. Being an "exotic" breed of cat you may have to do some traveling. Some breeders are willing to ship them, however, I'm kind of against this method. I suspect you may not have to travel too far to find a breeder. The Manx is becoming a very popular breed. I recently traveled 500 miles to bring my Bengal home. Very beautiful breed also.
I'm in a yahoo group called TC_rescue--Tailless Cat Rescue. There are also other Manx groups, but mostly it's to talk about Manx that we already have. You may want to join the TC rescue group and check out the messages. Or you can try petfinder.com. There are lots of Manx listed there! Most won't be purebred though; they will be Manx mixes, but they are all beautiful nonetheless. I have a male Manx-mix named Gimli. His mom was a feral cat that I socialized and his dad was a stray Manx.
I was incredibly lucky- I found a 5 week old manx kitten on the side of the highway and brought him home, and he's now my baby! I know it doesn't help but. I thought it would be encouraging. You'll find one soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment