Sunday, August 2, 2009

Lots of questions about a missing cat have been posted, but my problem is two gone missing together?

My situation is a bit different from other similar questions, because these two kittens went missing together. They never roamed, just played in the garden and came back when it got dark. Both happy, healthy and both so cute! Last Sunday, they both ran in for their dinner, then went off again . and neither came back!
I have searched everywhere in this area, many times and especially at feeding times. I have put up posters and phoned vets and the roadkill disposal companies.
I find it really odd that two kittens would disappear like this at the same time.
Neither had a collar yet, in fact I tried out a new collar on the bigger kitten that very day, but the collar was was still too big.
Both are females, but neither had shown signs of being in heat and I was going to have them spayed in November. . (Both are probably 4 months old now).
They are no longer in my area - am so worried.
What could have happened to them? Any advice or ideas based on experience please?
Very upset.
Answers:
that weird for both of them to go missing together. it's possible that something spooked them and they left and lost their way. it's also possible some one picked them up thinking they were strays. I would call the humane society and give them photos if possible, and place an ad in the lost and found in your local paper.

I hope there fine and come back soon
Sorry to hear about your missing cats.
I hate to say it but if theyve both gone at the same time its possible they have been stolen. It does happen.
Hope you find them.
Have you checked the dog pounds and animal shelters? Someone may have picked them up and taken them in. Or maybe someone decided to keep them for their own. My two cats are strictly house cats for this very reason, I'd be so afraid of something happening to them. I hope you find them soon!
oh honey make lots of posters.and it is possible to file a policew report? sounds mega ditzy i know.i love kittens! keep trying dont give up hope
I had a kitten and she went missing for 10 days, just came back out of the blue. Go looking for them in your area they may have got confused and lost.
Aww that's sad, I hope that they are ok and that you find them
probably been stolen. If no chip or collars, prospects are not good, I'm afraid! Probably someone thought - oh cute, I'll have them for my children - possibly thinking they are strays (no collar, very young) - might have thought they were doing the right thing. Tell all the vets- if they come in they will know. The police won't want to know. I hope you get them back, but if not, get them chipped and Id before they go out next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment