Sunday, August 2, 2009

Male Cats & their problems?

Recently my cat was diagnosed with some urine problem. the cause crystals found in his bladder. When asked the doc said we should stop giving them cat food made by companies such as whiska , meow etc
Can anyone please send me a proper menu as to what shd i feed my cat ?(persian male cat)
Answers:
My cat had some urinary problems one year ago.now I gave him PROPLAN (dry cat food - contains a medicine for urinary problems).and another think.if you gave him fish.or food that contains fish .stop doing that because it's not healthy for the male cats..especialy if he is castrate.
Go to your local pet store and ask them to show you which brands they carry that were formulated by veterinarians. Thise will usually be more balanced. One that you can get in stores like Wal Mart or Target is Science Diet. It's kinda spendy but worth it if you want to keep your cat healthy.
I've never heard of that before.However if this is true you can try IAMS.it has the different types and menus for specific needs.they may have a website also.I was always under the impression urine problems had to do with litter.but hey i'm not a vet..soooo.try the IAMS..
GOOD LUCK
you should feed your cat cut up fresh meat and cooked vegetables with plenty of fresh water. The less dry food you give them the better, as to much can end up hurting their kidneys ..
some cat foods have to much preservatives in them..my cats like
mashed potato and carrots mixed together, also small pieces of cheese , not to much.. hope this helps
Walmart has an adult cat Urinary Formula that works well with my old cat,Turd Bird.He is prone to urinary problems %26 this keeps him right.Too many treats can also cause urinary illness.
I have found IAMS or Science diet has a great selection of food that Your local vet may recommend. for Urinary tract health. You can buy it at at Your vet or at most Pet supply stores like Pet Smart.
try Royal Canin this kind is really healthy and just great for the pets
it has also special formulas for persian cats .. for hairballs .. and all that is needed .. I use it for my cat and kitten
It's best to allow the cat's Vet to find the proper nurishment for you cat. The Vet will know what is best!
There is dry cat food that comes in bags that say For Urinary Tract Health. This is what your cat should be eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment