Thursday, May 7, 2009

just got a kitten, male mainly white with black/ginger patches. any good name suggestions?


Answers:
Satan?
sounds like my cat,i just called mine Ginge
Double check that he's male before you name him. Calicos are almost always female
miss ginger snapp or mr ginger snap hons!!
Patch
sylvester
Maybe Ginger, Patches, or Pepper.
Freddie ?
Pudding ? %26lt;%26lt; lol ! ( Not suggesting hes fat )
pringle is the name.trust me.
Tinkels.
Fluppit (short for floor pet)
Sunny
Ummm. Maybe S/him?

"He" is probably a female, since having both ginger and black means that the cat has two XX chromosomes. If it IS a male then he has three chromosomes XXY and S/him could be a good name for him/her.

You can't check the sex by looking for nipples, BTW. Look under the tail and you'll see two holes. If they are practically touching, it is a female, if they are far apart it is male. Here is a link to a visual of what I mean:
http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?.
pickles

o"malley

rooney
Yeah, if that cat has all 3 of those colors, and its a male, he is very rare. I agree with person above, double check the sex.
If its a male, give him an expensive name, like Bucks, Moolah, Rolex, etc.
I've all ways wanted to call a cat Dr. Turnpike. I don't know why, but I have! You could also call it flannel, Sebastian, monkey, Rocket, Cecil, Tw*t face (that's a great one!), Enzo, Charlie, Jack, Mr. Eko, John Locke, Jin (get another one called tonic), Micheal, Frogurt guy, Desmond, Cat, spoon.
Dog food
hi, its got to be either puzzle or jigsaw thanks lisa
Obviously," PATCHES"
if you would like a common name then how about..Tom?
or if you prefer something spicy then how about.Cinnamon?
SPLODGE
nutmeg, it's unisex.
cooking fat
thats what my dad called our cat
at least i think it was cooking fat
I don't think you have a male- he/she sounds definitely female. I have had 4 tri-colored cats and they were all female. Callie is a good name maybe Cal if there is such a thing as a male calico.
Million..

Because what you are describing is a calico, and they very very rarely come in males, if you have a true male calico (and he's fertile) you've made yourself a fortune..

I'm thinking you have a girl :)

Some of the most beautiful names for calico cats I have seen have come from flower names, Iris, Cinnamon Rose, Daisy, and common names- Spice, Nutmeg ( for a nutty cat!)

Have you looked at a baby name book online?
You do have an unusual pet if he is a male calico and he will not be fertile and not worth money.
Stripes - it will either piss him off or make him very proud!
biscuit, (ginger nuts)
If you call it Patch you'll probably have every Patched animal come to you within a three mile radius every time you call it!

You could call it Calico. You might find it names itself. When my cat had kittens, all of them were male. I didn't name them (I wasn't planning on keeping them all, so it seemed pointless to give them proper names), but they found nicknames for themselves in the way they behaved. There were four tabbies and 1 black and white. The tabbies were called Houdini (because he kept escaping) Phantom (because I wasn't sure if I had really seen him when he was first born, he kept disappearing underneath the other kittens)Cheddar (because he wouldn't eat meat when we tried to wean him, but he was quick to pilfer my cheese when he thought I wasn't looking) No-name (because he didn't have a nick name) and the black and white was called Velcro (he would stick to your clothes when you picked him up). I ended up keeping Cheddar and the name has stuck. Since then I have acquired another kitten- he was abondoned on a cobbled backstreet when he was tiny, so his name is Cobble.
frankie
jack
chunky
speckles

No comments:

Post a Comment